Thursday, September 25, 2008

Self Defense

I wish that was me, though that's how strong I felt during the self defense class I took Saturday at West Coast Martial Arts Academy (thanks to my Stroller Strides instructor Wynne for setting up the class for our group!)

The instructors Steve and Eric were outstanding, covering a difficult topic with seriousness and some humor. They explained how to avoid getting a dangerous situation and then had us practice various self-defense mechanisms.

It was great to take the class with other moms, and I feel much better know being armed with the knowledge and some moves that could help me in an unthinkable situation. I'm thinking of adding this class to the catalog, it really is a must-do for all women.

THE TIP: One of the most effective techniques I learned was how to use balance in order to get away or strike once with effect.

No comments: