Sunday, September 7, 2008

Birthday Celebration!

Isn't it funny how as we grow older we can have just about anything we want, except for the things we REALLY want? Everyone kept asking what I wanted for my b-day and didn't understand when I would say there is really nothing material that I want or need, but I am dying for just 8 solid hours of sleeeeep!

My amazing husband Steve got me exactly what I have been wanting for so long now. He went to work late on my birthday and let me sleep in until 8 am, WOW! And I did also get my favorite perfume ;)

The photo is of dinner with my family last night at a terrific new restaurant in the Otay Ranch Center called "Frida." It is a branch of the Beverly Hills location and was perfect for this celebration. The wine was excellent, the food just savory (best salsas I have had since being in Guadalajara) and the decor is so cool.

Thank goodness the boys were on their best behavior for the 2 1/2 hour meal. Now there's something I always want but seem to only get on special occasions!

THE TIP: Schedule nothing for your birthday every now and then so that you can bask in the greatest gift of all - down time with the family and catching up on much needed rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool site Gaby, I'll check your blog and think of a good tip to add...

Anonymous said...

LOVE that restaurant here in LA, so I second your tip! Your boys look so big now, when are you coming to visit?