Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tough Times, Don't Give Up

I don't know what got into me the other day, but I had this song in my head... "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel. I had been thinking about so many friends who have been laid off, stressed out as their home values plunge below what they paid, small businesses closing, marriages falling apart, little kids in the middle of it all...

When I finally played the song, I was surprised that it made me cry.... it made me think more of the wives that provide tender support as their men go another week on unemployment or find untenable options before them.

You can hear the song at the link below - is it just me or is it eerie how true the words are today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJWurqWTeSk

Please offer whatever support you can to friends going through tough times... there are so many right now.

We focused our classes at the start of this new year to try to have an empowering attitude to these difficulties. We grouped a Resume Workshop, Career Seminar, Budgeting & Saving Workshop and "How to Launch a New Business" and "How to Get the Word Out" into a "More in 2009" series (click here to check it out
).

You can take all classes, just one a few -- whatever will help you. Email me if you have been laid off and we'll get you into these seminars at a reduced rate, at least 50% off (gabriela@friendswithclass.com).

THE TIP: It's time to save more, find ways to earn more and be more supportive of those that just need to hear the words "Don't give up, you still have friends... Don't give up, we don't need much of anything... Don't give up."

No comments: